Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Death: What Does It Bring?

 

Is death the end?  Or, is it the beginning?  This has been a long standing question.  Every time I read about somebody’s death, I always ask, “Is this the end?”

 

            I envy people who are dead.  They are done with life’s problems.  They can take a rest, never waking up to another day of life’s challenges.  Princess Diana, John Denver, and other famous people do not have to go through the harshness and imperfection of this world we call home.

 

            The Philippines’ very own Francis Magalona’s death should be a celebration.  It is the beginning of his immortality.  He will never grow old now.  Death at the age of 44 brought him everlasting existence among us.  He has been given lots of titles, all befitting a “king.” the king of Philippine rap music.

 

My daily fear is not death itself, it is the fact that I do not know what will happen.  Will this day bring new glory? Or, will it bring another day of suffering and misery? 

 

I fear that I did not do my best to do my duties and responsibilities.  At the end of the day, when I am about to sleep, I reminisce.  Was the day fruitful? Was it enough to carry people I am responsible for?  What will tomorrow bring?  Death?  What does death bring?           Peace?

 

Peace be with you King Francis!!!

No comments: